Cost per serving (Heidelberg): €1,63 (excludes rice)
Calories per serving: 386
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8 small dried hot chili peppers, halved and de-seeded
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, cut into 1"/~2cm pieces
- 4 bunches baby bok choy, stalks cut into 1"/~2cm pieces
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns
- ½ cup cashews
Mix the sauce ingredients and set aside.
Fry the chicken in 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high/high heat. After it is almost done, remove it from the pan and set aside. Add 2 more tablespoons oil. Fry garlic until aromatic, then add chilis and peppercorns. Fry briefly (until chilis have a redder color). Add sauce, then chicken, peanuts, onions, and bok choy, in that order. Stir together and remove from heat.
Eat with rice.