Sunday, April 1, 2012

Chicken kebabs with harissa marinade

Another recipe that I've long searched for and recently found is the marinade I had in an Algerian restaurant in Cambridge, MA. The ingredient that I was missing all these years turned out to be harissa--a north African chili paste. Here is a much altered recipe I found on the internet:

  • 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized (~1") cubes
  • 1 clove garlic
  • juice from 1/2 a lemon
  • 3 Tblsp. harissa
  • 1-2 tsps. olive oil
  • cumin (about 1 tsp or to taste)
  • dried or fresh mint (about 1tsp. or to taste)

Mix chicken, garlic, and lemon juice. Marinade 30 minutes in fridge. Mix in harissa, olive oil, cumin, and mint, and marinade a further 30 minutes in fridge. Assemble onto kebabs and grill.

1 comment:

  1. Kabaabs are my fav .I can eat them anytime but not chicken ones.Beef , mutton and lamb kabbas rocks.And there are so many types of Kababs .Hope you try them too.

    ReplyDelete