Makes: 12-14 Frikadellen (about 4 servings)
Cost per serving (Heidelberg): ~1,30€
- 500 grams (about 1 lb.) ground meat (traditionally beef or pork)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Heat the oil. Form patties about the size of your palm and fry on each side until cooked through.* Drain on paper towels. Eat with bread, salad, potatoes, or whatever you want!
* Of course they can be made into any size - small meatballs, big hamburger patties, or whatever - but this is the size that will yield the number noted above.