Thursday, February 16, 2012

Roasted Broccoli

My sister threw me a recipe shower when I got married.  Dru sent this recipe, which has become one of my favorites!

Makes: 2 servings as a lunch, 4 as a side

Cost per serving (Heidelberg): ~€0,75

Ingredients:
  • 1 large (or two small) head(s) broccoli, cut up
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
Heat oven to 450F/230C.  Toss broccoli with other ingredients.  Spread on a foil- or Backpapier-lined baking sheet and roast in the upper third of the oven for 20 minutes.  It will be turning brown in spots.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds tasty...we have always done our roasted broccoli with just salt, pepper and olive oil. But I love the way ginger and garlic come togther, so I will try that sometime, too.

    ReplyDelete