- Juice from 1-2 limes
- 2 Tblsp. soy sauce
- 1-2 Tblsp. fish sauce (I use 1 1/2 Tblsp.)
- 1 Tblsp. dried shrimp, finely chopped
- 2 Tblsp. brown/palm sugar
- 1 Tblsp. cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Thai chili, finely chopped
- 1-2 chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1/2 package (200 g) 5mm-wide rice noodles
- 1 cup soy bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, chopped into rings
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup peanuts (preferably unsalted), chopped
Makes two large servings.
- to add shrimp to the basic recipe, omit one chicken breast. If shrimp is cooked, add to noodle mixture with bean sprouts and green onions. If shrimp is uncooked, I would probably fry it with the chicken (but I've never done this).
- if noodles are too spicy, omit the chili.
- if noodles aren't spicy enough, either add more chilis at the beginning or top finished noodles with ground dried red chilis.
- For more color and/or vegetables, add tomato slices to finished noodles and/or add sliced/shredded carrots or leeks to frying chicken when it is not quite cooked through. Alternatively, top with a few sprouts or sprinkle on some chopped peanuts.