- 1 pound (~450g) potatoes, peeled and cut in small dice
- 1 pound (~450g) beets, roasted, peeled, and cut in small dice
- ~50g beet greens (or similar - chard, spinach, etc), cleaned and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh or ~½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
Heat olive oil and add potatoes. Cook over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are lightly browned. Add garlic, greens, beets, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring often, for about five minutes. Press the mixture into the pan to brown the edges. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed. Add vinegar.
Top each serving with a fried or poached egg.