...except we substituted normal (green) aspargus for white asparagus and small prawns for Krabben
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 400 g (14 oz) fresh, shelled brown shrimp (Krabben)
- 3 T lemon juice
- freshly ground white pepper
- 500 g (17.6 oz) Spargel (white asparagus)
- 2 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 1/8 liter light beef broth
- 1/8 liter cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- 150 g (5 oz) frozen peas
Per portion: 310 calories
- Wash and drain the shelled shrimp, season with lemon juice and freshly ground white pepper.
- Peel the Spargel and cut off the woody ends. Cut the Spargel into 2-3 cm long pieces. Boil in a pot with 1 liter salted water for about 10 minutes. Remove the Spargel and drain, set aside the Spargel water.
- In a wide pot, melt the butter, add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until golden yellow. Little by little, add the beef broth and about 1/8 liter of the Spargel water, allow to boil. Add the cream, and boil until a creamy sauce forms. Season with salt, pepper, sugar and the rest of the lemon juice.
- Add the frozen peas, shrimp, and Spargel and stir, cook all together for about 10 minutes over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.