Cost per serving (Heidelberg): ~2,11€ (excludes rice)
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2½ tablespoons red curry paste (we use the stuff from the Asian grocery, but you can make your own)
- 1 400-ml/14-oz can coconut milk
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 Thai chilis, sliced diagonally
- leaves from 1 bunch Thai basil
- a few kaffir lime leaves, torn (in frozen section at Asian grocery)
- 1½ teaspoons palm sugar (I recommend the solid kind - can substitute brown sugar)
- 1 can bamboo shoots
Add the chicken and stir until cooked through. Then add the remaining coconut milk and the bamboo, followed by the chilis, fish sauce and sugar. Stir until boiling.
Add basil and torn lime leaves, stir, and serve with rice. You may want to pick out the lime leaves and chilis depending on taste.
* Red curry paste is somewhat spicy on its own; if you want limited spiciness you may want to omit the chilis.